Thursday, April 10, 2008

Collective Ennui


Seeing as lately I am very interested in documenting social dynamics and relationships in my work it was just a matter of time before the group of students I work with at Metafora Tallers International fell prey to one of my pieces. The original material was taken last December at a meeting planning their end of term show. I decided to paint it white as I'm also interested in investigating how a piece fits in it's environment as well as the level of protaganism it has. The white pieces are much more subtle and the viewer has to work more for it's appreciation, the role of the shadows also becomes more important. This piece also goes a long way in showing just how much the wall above my couch needs a coat of paint... More detailed pictures shortly.



No comments: